April 17, 2013

Review: Diorshow New Look - Catwalk Eye Makeup Set

I picked up this Diorshow New Look set as part of my recent Sephora Haul. It came with a fullsize Diorshow New Look Mascara in 090 Black and a mini 5 Colour Eyeshadow Palette in Grège 734. Although I remember clearly that the eyeshadow mini advertised in the set is in Royal Khaki 454, I am glad to receive the palette in Grège 734 instead. If given the choice, I definitely I would have picked Grège 734 over Royal Khaki 454, so lucky lucky.


Mini Colour Eyeshadow Palette in Grège 734




  • Caramel (shimmer)
  • Cream (shimmer)
  • Taupe (satin)
  • Plum (satin)
  • Metal grey (shimmer)
The colors in this palette are perfect for a neutral look, blending easily with no fallout. Use the upper left triangle for work or try the darker shades on the lower right for a more dramatic evening look. The shadows last 3-4 hours on their own and twice as long with an eyeshadow primer. If you don't yet own a neutral palette, this is definitely one to consider. Too bad this mini version doesn't come with the signature CD embossed onto the palette design.

I own a Dior 5-Colour Designer All-In-One Artistry Palette in Navy Design. Here's a comparison of the mini with the regular size. It's like my Dior eyeshadow palette gave birth to a make-up baby, adorable right?



Diorshow New Look Mascara in 090 Black





Don't let the bulkiness of the tube deceive you, the brush is tiny in comparison! However its slender wand is exactly what enables this mascara to grab and cover every single lash. No mess, no clumps, just a very clean natural look that enhances the length, definition of my natural lashes. Best of all, at the end of 12 hour days, my curls still held on. Unfortunately, when so many things are in its favor, this mascara smudged within the first couple of hours. Although the smudging is only noticeable in a close-up, it is absolutely unacceptable at a price of $28.50 USD.

I bought the set for $28.50 USD, which is the same price for the New Look mascara alone. I have never hit pan on eyeshadows, so I am not considering repurchasing the eyeshadow palette yet. I wouldn't repurchase the mascara as the smudging is a deal-breaker.

How do you like this set? What's your top price for a mascara?

2 comments:

  1. I hate mascara that smudges! It's a major problem for me. I was actually thinking of just splurging and trying the Diorshow mascara, since it's so raved about.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me know how you like it! If it is everything like the New Look minus the smudging, then I am very interested in trying it out!

      Delete